Wednesday, December 14
South Florida's young poor
(from today's Miami Herald):
This sounds about right. This is the case back home in some respects. I know I am certainly in this class of people who can't go have a mocha frap everyday and who hasn't been to an $8 movie theater in months and months. Where are the good jobs? Though I would have to say that spending $20K on a culinary degree was a waste of time.
In the once-heady world of young adult excess, where happy hour was king,
daily trips to Starbucks were a must and dining out was mandatory, a seismic
shift has occurred: A growing number in South Florida have turned out of
necessity to the frugal habits of their grandparents and others living on a
fixed income.
This sounds about right. This is the case back home in some respects. I know I am certainly in this class of people who can't go have a mocha frap everyday and who hasn't been to an $8 movie theater in months and months. Where are the good jobs? Though I would have to say that spending $20K on a culinary degree was a waste of time.